- What is it: East Kent Cancer Speed Dating Event
- When is it: Wednesday 3 April 2019 | 18:30 – 21:00
- Where is it: Canterbury Academy, Knight Avenue, Canterbury, CT2 8QA
- Of interest to: GPs, Paramedic Practitioners, Practice Nurses
- Summary: Please see the communication below from the Macmillan Cancer Support Team for the East Kent Primary Care Cancer Educational Event – “Speed Dating with Specialists”:
East Kent Primary Care Cancer Educational Event – “Speed Dating with Specialists”
I am sure you will agree that Cancer in Primary Care poses us and our patients many challenges. To address pragmatically exactly what really matters in daily clinical practice, you cannot afford to miss this unique opportunity on the 3rd April in Canterbury for all involved with Cancer in East Kent and beyond
- Do you have a burning question you have always wanted to ask one of our local consultants?
- Do you want to be clearer on what and when to refer?
- Would you like to put a face to the name you see on the letters?
As well as many other questions you will bring on the night!
Cancer Education with a twist, within the 2.5 hours, (a typical GP surgery session) you will have in small group rotations, 20 minutes on each specialty table listed below to address any key issues to do with suspected or diagnosed cancer matters. All the challenges we face day to day and beyond but never have the time or the specialist colleague in front of us… this is your chance! Do as many tables as you wish and still hear the key messages from all tables involved on the night
Just look at the amazing list of experts, who have generously given their time and support:
- Urology – Mr Ben Eddy
- Your Practice Cancer Data and How to Make the Best use of it – Emily Fagg
- General Oncology and Emergencies – Dr Kannon Nathan, Steve Dann and Dr Jane Brown etc
- Palliative Care – Dr Andrew Thorns
- Colorectal – Mr Sudhakar Mangam
- Head and Neck and Thyroid – Mr Alistair Balfour and others
- Paediatric cancers – Dr Jill Urand
- Breast – Miss Elizabeth Sharp
- Cancer Research UK, Macmillan Cancer Support and others
Please confirm you attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27 March
Your Needs: Food, Refreshments and Ample Free Parking on the site
We look forward to welcoming you on the night and bring along any other colleagues
Dr Rakesh Koria, Dr Jack Jacobs, Dr Joanna Bonnett, Dr Sona Gupta, Mrs Kate Regan, Mrs Ann Courtness