There are a wide range of mental health conditions, in general secondary mental health support in Kent is provided by the Kent and Medway Partnership Trust (KMPT) but there are specific pathways or providers of services for certain conditions.
- Anxiety, phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD)
- Eating disorders (all age)
- Bi Polar
- Personality Disorders
- Veteran Mental Health
- Postpartum and Perinatal Mental Health
- ADHD and ASC in Adults
- Reading Well Books on Prescription Scheme for Mental Health
Reviewed June 2019 by the East Kent Mental Health Commissioning Team. For content suggestions, updates or information please email: EKmentalhealth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The diagnosis and treatment of secondary adult mental health is through KMPT, referral is by letter to the local CMHT.
The local Community Mental Health Teams are:
Dover / Deal: Coleman House, Brookfield Avenue, Dover, Kent, CT16 2AH | Telephone: 01304 216666. or more information go to the Dover CMHT website page: Dover CMHT web page on KMPT.
Shepway: Ash Eton, Radnor Park Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5HL. | Tele: 01303 227501. For more information go to the Shepway CMHT website page: Shepway CMHT web page on KMPT.
- Live Well Kent: Live Well Kent can help you improve your mental and physical health and wellbeing. It is a free service for anyone over 17. Call: 0800 567 7699 | E Mail: email@example.com | Website: www.livewellkent.org.uk | Leaflet: SKC Live Well Kent Leaflet
- IAPT / NHS Talking Therapy: IAPT is available for the treatment of adult anxiety disorders and depression. These therapies are available for people aged 17+. This service is free at the point of access and people can refer themselves into the service. For the South Kent Coast CCG IAPT leaflet: SKC CCG IAPT Provider Leaflet
- IAPT / NHS Talking Therapy: IAPT is available for the treatment of adult anxiety disorders and depression. These therapies are available for people aged 17+. This service is free at the point of access and people can refer themselves into the service. For a list of South Kent Coast CCG IAPT Providers leaflet: SKC CCG IAPT Provider Leaflet.
- Primary Care Mental Health Specialist service: Primary Care Mental Health Specialist service (PCMHS) has been introduced to support a safe and positive discharge from Secondary services for people with long term stable mental health conditions (clusters 7, 11 and 12) into primary care.
Invicta Healthcare Referrals: Invicta PCMHS Referral form email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mental Health Social Work Service: The mental health social work service works with individuals aged 17-65 years with mental health needs and social care issues. It also provides a service to carers. The service supports people to enhance their independence and achieve social care goals. It is a single service across primary and secondary care.Tel: 03000 416161 Mon – Fri 8.30-17.00 | Out of hours - 03000 419191 | Email: email@example.com | Leaflet: Mental Health Social Work service | Referral Form: MH Social work referral form
Specialist Adult mental health services in Kent are provided by the Kent and Medway Partnership Trust KMPT. Referral to KMPT is by letter.
or if the patient is known to community mental health services for local duty office (9 - 5) for advice and referral:
- Deal: 01304 865464
- Dover: 01304 216666
- Folkestone / Hythe: 01303 227510
- Thanet: 01843 85520
- Or for out of hours contact the Crisis Home Treatment Resolution Team: 07623 514 687.
If the patient is NOT known to mental health services and there is a need for urgent or emergency mental health help and support please call the 24/7 Single Point of Access on 0300 222 0123 or text 07860 022819.